"It's my birthday tomorrow, no one here could know
I was born this Thursday 22 years ago"
-Let That Be Enough Switchfoot
Everything in the above lyric is absolutely true. (Well, except for the "no one here could know" part, because if you're here there's about 90% chance that you're Abby and therefore you should know that tomorrow, Thursday, is my 22nd birthday.) The song was obviously written with me in mind. Other song lyrics that were written with me in mind:
"I won't be left dancing alone
To songs from the past"
- I Won't Be Left Tegan and Sara
"Ain't no sum bitch gonna treat me like a ho
I'm a classy honey kissy huggy lovey dovey ghetto princess"
- Filthy/Gorgeous Scissor Sisters
All of The Frug by Rilo Kiley, except I can't do a backbend.
"Looking on, she sings the songs
The words she knows, the tune she hums"
- Tiny Dancer Elton John
"I’m an angel faced mama but don’t be fooled
you know the devil’s got my son"
- Hello Wishing Well Whispertown2000
"I could have been a famous singer
If I had someone else's voice"
- Road to Joy Bright Eyes
Okay, seriously I could go on all night. There have been quite a few songs written about me, obv. I need to go now so I can prepare for my birthday! And also for school stuff. Don't these people know how important I am!? My birthday should be a national holiday!
Oh, PS, the title of this post is from the song These Days by Nico (originally by Jackson Browne).
Wednesday, April 25, 2007
Tuesday, April 03, 2007
Ok, I don't want to get all emo on you or anything, but this past week has been awful. Let me list the ways.
- I had a terrible head-cold all week.
- I had four tests.
- I scored a D on one of the tests.
- If I keep getting Ds on his tests, I'm going to get a D in the class.
- Ds are failing grades in major classes.
- This is supposed to be my last semester of classes. If I fail, I'm screwed.
- My friend Delores was in the hospital. She missed a week of classes, but I didn't find out until yesterday that she was in the hospital. She was back in classes today.
- I've been working well above my maximum hours a week.
- My great aunt died. She was ninety and had suffered a stroke, so it really wasn't a suprise, but still sad.