Saturday, July 12, 2008

Some Future Plans

We'll start off with the plan that I'm most sure about (about which I'm most sure?). Those of you who have seen me in the past year or so know that my hair is getting really freakin' long. Every time I go to get my hair trimmed Cari asks me how long I'm going to grow it. Well, I've never had an answer. But, I've made a decision. I'm going to grow my hair out for the next few months, and then around Thanksgiving/Christmas, I'm going to cut it all off and donate it to Locks of Love. Here is a recent picture of me with my long hair (and my hair is curled in this picture, so be sure to add a few inches to get a real idea about the length):

Actually, the way I'm leaning forward in the pic makes my hair look longer... That's actually right about where my hair hits if it's straight and I'm standing upright.

And when I get it cut, I think I'm going to go with a little Jenny McCarthy or Julia Stiles.


I think I like the Julia better, but I'm pretty sure that's just because I like Julia better in general. I'd feel better about myself taking a picture of Julia Stiles in to show Cari what I want as opposed to a picture of Jenny McCarthy.

Anyway, the other future plan, the one I'm less sure of (the one of which I'm less sure?), is the plan to get a Masters in Library Science online from the University of Illinois. I like working in the library. Sure, it's not as exciting or cool-sounding as when I was doing publicity for a film festival, but it's also not as stressful and I don't have to deal with bitchy "stars." And I'd have access to tons of books and I'd get to be smarter than other people. Also I'd pretty much have the freedom to move anywhere, which is big for me. I don't like feeling stuck, so I want the option to go to either a rural or an urban setting. There are libraries everywhere, a Librarian can find a job in any state. They're like nurses and strippers.

One thing: If I do become a librarian, will someone please buy me this poster?


K Thanks.

No comments: