Sunday, August 02, 2009

Dear Zachary

I just watched the documentary Dear Zachary because I vaugely remembered reading the review on Pajiba. I... I can't even explain. I was so emotional. I won't talk about the plot, but there was one point in the story that I'm pretty sure I stopped breathing for ten minutes. I just sat there on the couch with my hand clasped over my mouth, completely numb. My entire body was pins and needles, it was very strange. Then I sobbed. Not like a few tears you get at the end of a sad movie, I was actually sobbing. I thought I was going to be physically sick.

I don't know if this is a positive review or not. It was very well done, but Netflix's star rating system doesn't really apply in a case like this. I can't really recommend it the way I would normally recommend a movie, but ... you should watch it. Look up the story on wikipedia if you don't want to go into it blindly the way I did.

No comments: