Monday, June 28, 2010

Cheater

I cheated... I drank a cup of coffee on Saturday. I couldn't help it! I was starting to get one of those headaches and the only way to get rid of it was to drink some caffeine. It was my first cup of coffee since Monday or Tuesday.

Other firsts for the weekend: For the first time since giving up soda, I craved a Coke. I bought a pork chop sandwich to support my cousin's soccer team, and I really wanted to open up a nice cold can of coke to go with my cheap fundraiser sandwich. But I resisted, and I got by with a glass of lemonade.

Also for the first time since cutting back on my caffeine, I had trouble falling asleep last night. I tossed and turned for a while, and eventually looked over to see what time it was. I was expecting to see 1:00 am or later, since that's usually what I see on nights when I can't sleep. It was 10:30. So I relaxed, realizing that even if I didn't fall asleep for the next hour and a half, I would still get a good night's sleep in. I was kind of hot, so I took off my pajama pants, and that's the last thing I remember before waking up this morning.

No comments: