Saturday, August 07, 2010

Caffeine Intake Update

I was about to come here and post about how I'm a failure at limiting my caffeine intake. You see, I'm very nearly back to where I was, coffee-wise. It turns out I'm mighty unpleasant on mornings when I haven't had coffee. Who knew? That's rhetorical, don't answer that.

But then I realized that coffee wasn't my only source of caffeine. While limiting my coffee was mostly a failure, I have been extremely good at cutting back on soda. Abby was married 7 weeks ago (she conveniently got married the same weekend as my kidney stone, so it's easy for me to remember the exact day), and I'm pretty sure that I've only had 5 or 6 cokes since then. I had one when we saw Eclipse (shut up), 2 at my boyfriend's party last weekend, and a few more randomly scattered throughout that time frame. 6 cans of coke in 7 weeks is a huge improvement over when I would drink one or two cans a day. I'll probably have a few more today at Relay for Life, since it's an over-night event and I'm an old lady who is usually asleep by 11.

No comments: