Thursday, July 24, 2014

Mid-Year Resolution

After having so much fun in July making berry galettes and one-pot zucchini mushroom pasta* for the first time, I decided to keep up the trend. For the rest of the year, I'm going to try at least two recipes I've never tried before. I'll try to blog about it here.

I discussed this idea with my bff, and she agreed that "mid-year resolutions" should totally be a thing. July is a world away from January. Why limit your self-improvement goal-setting to the dead of winter? Also, I think I have a lot better chance of actually completing my resolutions if I only have to keep them up for 6 months at a time.

* If you make this one-pot pasta dish, I highly recommend halving the recipe. We had SO MUCH pasta left over. My dad is a leftovers eating champ (we lovingly call him our garbage disposal), and even he reached his limit and had to throw out what was left. So unless you're making this for a family of 8, half the recipe should be plenty.

No comments: