Thursday, March 22, 2007

Casio Cool

I'm eating my lunch of a not-entirely-awful buffalo chicken salad from the bistro in the lounge of the College of Business building when I over hear what is perhaps the greatest conversation of all time. Some guy has just said to a girl as she's about to leave that "no matter what type of business I manage someday, we're going to have a real, actual casio." They both laugh (his is a terribly annoying laugh) and they continue to talk about this. But I'm no longer really listening. I'm imagining how freaking awesome it would be to have a casio in your office. It would come in so handy! If you had to bring the kids in you could set them up with Jim Walsh-style headphones and let them play with the keyboard. On slow days you could make upsongs for your co-workers about staplers and toner-ink! Casios are so cool, they have all those sound effect options ("This song is played in the key of motorcycle"). It would be indispensible for office parties. The Officeplace Casio may be the greatest idea of all time, and I'm kind of upset that I didn't think of it first.

This is the point in my though process when I tune back into the original conversation to see what ideas the others have come up with for the OfficeCasio. I'm going to blame the accoustics in the lounge and the guy's annoying laugh for my mis-hearing. Apparently when I thought he said "Casio" he actually said "glass ceiling." That's not nearly as cool as a Casio. Also, their laughter is grossly disproportionate to the actual humor level of the joke. I come to the sad realization that I'm in the Buisness building, not the rec building to which I'm accustomed. McCormick is the type of building where discussions of OfficeplaceCasios are held, not the College of Business. I'm out of my element.

Of course, this does mean that the Officeplace Casio was in fact my idea, and I'm having it copwrited or trademarked or patented or whatever. I have the best ideas.

1 comment:

Abby-Wan Kenobi said...

Why stop at the Officeplace Casio? Lets think bigger, the Casio for the park, the bus, make your own sound effects at the theater-- bring back silent films! Casio at McDonalds, at church- This hymn will be accompanied by birds chirping to simulate the sounds of the Garden of Eden!!!!

Yay Casio!!!