Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Anti-Abortion Measures Hurt All Women

I've always been pro-choice. Every woman should have the right to choose what happens to her body. You may not like the idea of abortion, but after viewing this video you'll understand why anti-abortion laws are anti-women. It's not about religion or any of that, anti-abortion measures give fetuses rights above women, and that is dangerous for all women, not just those considering abortion.



The only person who reads this is a fierce Obama supporter, but I still feel the need to steal this quote from a feministing shirt: A woman candidate is not the same thing as a woman's candidate. Sarah Palin does not speak for me.

2 comments:

Abby-Wan Kenobi said...

Sarah Palin does not speak for me.

I can never quite understand people's obsession with abortion laws, because it is pretty far down on my list of causes. Probably because I'm more of a preventionist. This wouldn't be an issue if as a society we could develop a culture of education. Prevent unplanned pregnancy, eliminate the demand for abortion. Everybody wins.

miranda. said...

Well, that eliminates some of the demand for abortion. There's still cases of rape, incest, and health issues. I agree though: there should be more focus on education. I've told you about how WHS now has abstinence-only health classes. Disgusting.