Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Faceplant

Jezebel has a great article up right now: The Top 10 All-Time Model/Runway Mishaps. My love for the article doesn't come from a place of schadenfreude (unlike the asshole anchormen in #4 who laugh at poor Kamila who slips while wearing zillion inch heels and carrying a bucket of water. It's hard enough to walk in high heels without throwing off your balance with a watering can!). When I'm walking down the sidewalk and I bite it, I hope I handle myself half as adorably as these models. The models just pick themselves up with a smile and a shrug and keep on going. It's all the more impressive when you realize that a model falling is potentially very serious: had those crazy shoes she's wearing snapped her ankle during the fall, her career could be over. 

No comments: