Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Cringe

I'm not a super huge Smashing Pumpkins fan, but I am still supremely disappointed/creeped out that Billy Corgan is apparently dating Tila Tequila. Eeeewwww. Corgan brings his own aura of creepitude to the table, but I can't look at pictures of Tila for more than a few seconds without feeling like I need to disinfect my eyeballs.

Mostly I feel disappointed in Corgan. Judging by the supreme elitism exhibited by hardcore Smashing Pumpkins fans, I assumed Corgan would be way out of the walking VD's league. Corgan was never on my list of celebs I'd like to sex, but he's definitely off now.

True story: I once worked with a girl who was a hardcore Smashing Pumpkins fan. At the time "Tonight, Tonight" was one of my favorite songs (I was 19), and I made the mistake of sharing this with her. Her response: "It's a good song, but real Smashing Pumpkins fans don't have favorites. We love them all equally." EYEROLL. Have you ever been in a situation where you know for sure that every single person within earshot wants to punch someone in the face? What's worse: "Tonight, Tonight" was on a mix cd we had to listen to each week, so we got to hear her feelings on "real" Smashing Pumpkins fans multiple times. Ugh.

No comments: