Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Christmas Miracle

I am not making any of this up.

This past September, my sister Laura had her wallet stolen at a party. Obviously, she was a wreck. Everything was in that wallet. And it was a Coach wallet, so the wallet itself was actually worth more than its contents.

Last week, Laura stayed up all night working on final projects for school. While taking a break, she started creeping around facebook. She found a folder that holds messages from people she's not friends with. She'd never seen this folder before and she didn't get notifications for the messages, so there were a handful of old messages. One of them, from September: "Hi, I don't know if this is the right Laura, but have you lost a wallet recently?"

Laura messaged the girl back: "Hey, sorry I just found this message. But, yes, I did lose a wallet back in September."

Wallet Girl: "No problem! I think I still have the wallet around here somewhere."

Seriously. This happened.

Wallet Girl then flaked out for a few days, not returning messages or texts, but my sister did eventually get a chance to meet up with her and get her wallet back. It still had everything in it (minus $20 cash), including old receipts. For real.


Laura thinks this is good karma from giving money to the charity Santas in front of stores.

No comments: