Sunday, January 07, 2007

And Also: Water the House Plants

It's 2007. Only three more years until 2010. That will be the FOURTH decade I've witnessed ('80s, '90s, '00s, '10s) and that makes me feel old. Seriously.

But let's switch the focus back from my unfounded future neuroses to the present. This year I've decided to make a real resolution. One that I might actually have a chance of accomplishing (unlike "stop biting my nails") and might actually make me a better person (unlike anything I've ever resolved to do, ever). I've decided to go for a literary type goal. Last year was a sorry year for me. I finished maybe 10 novels. So pathetic. So this year I need to pick up the pace. At first I was going to say that my goal for the year was to "read more books." But that won't really work, because a) I don't have any real record of what I read last year and b) it just sounds pathetic. So I think I'll go the 50books route and choose an arbitrary total goal for the year. I'm not sure I could hit the 50 mark, so I'm going to shoot for 25-30 books. If I reach 25 I'll be proud of myself, if I get 30+ I'll be downright smug. So that's my goal for the year.

And to start your year off right, take a gander at these videos:

God, Inc. Episode 1 "In the beginning, there was paperwork..."



God, Inc. Episode 2 "The Miracles Department"

No comments: