Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Fell Down the Stairs

I don't have any reall news to update this thing with, although I may steal Heather's Best Buy After Hours pics from our game night and post them here if I ever get around to it.

The whole purpose of this entry is to talk about what a good song Fell Down the Stairs by Tilly & the Wall is. Now it's not really their best song, but I think it has something about it that is fairly unique. While some songs might have one or two lines that are meaningful, FDtS is full of good lines. The whole thing is immensely quotable. See for yourself:

You fell down the stairs into my arms
And swiftly ran the other way
And I heard the steady swell of applause
The two drunk kids, trying to figure out which way was home
they got lost as they were taking off each other’s clothes
They realized there was a hole in the boat

And with no lifesaver you try your best to float

And eventually the sky did return
And I was there outside in green
And I watched the world being reborn, ‘Till one a.m.
So I thought I’d let you know
It was beautiful, slow dancing to tunes of Billie Holiday
The city looked wonderful that way

And love, just like blood, will always stain.

And if I could reverse it,
I don't think that it'd be worth it
Because i know in my heart
i would never let you tumble to the ground.

no, I’d never let you fall...


No comments: