Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Wish List Personality Test

Play along at home.

Tonight I was examining my wish list on Amazon and I discovered that pretty much every item on the list falls into one of two categories: "Nerdy" and "Nerdy?" That question mark is very important. The items in the second category are things that aren't stereotypically nerdy, but having them on my list doesn't in any way make me "cool." Here we go:

Nerdy
The Original Star Wars Trilogy (the one that includes the original versions of the movies)
The first Four seasons of The X-Files
Heroes, Seasons 1 and 2 (I almost put this in the "Nerdy?" category, but then I remember it's about superheroes)
Bones, Season 3 (same as above, except it's about forensic anthropologists)
Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie
Mystery Science Theater 3000: 20th Anniversary Edition
All seasons of Futurama
The Princess Bride (book)
The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King (Special Extended Edition)
Freaks & Geeks Special Yearbook Edition (This also very nearly made it into the "Nerdy?" category, but I put it back here because I added the special edition with 2 extra discs of bonus features to my wish list instead of the significantly cheaper 6 disc version)
Pretty in Pink Special Edition (only on the Nerdy list because I already own the $5 Wal-mart bargain bin version of the dvd, which means I'm asking for this one only for the special features)
Trivial Pursuit 1990's edition

Total Nerdy Items: 21

Nerdy?
Psych, Season 2
The Watson Twins, Fire Songs and Southern Manners
Waitress
Pulp Fiction (I almost created a third category for this one ("Relatively Cool") but that would have been a lot of work.)
Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Show Your Bones
The Shawshank Redemption
Beverly Hills, 90210, Seasons 3,4,5, and 6 (this probably should have gone in the first category, I know)
Gossip Girl, season 1 (Hey, we all have our guilty pleasures!)
To Kill a Mockingbird (the movie)
The Royal Tenenbaums
High Fidelity soundtrack

Total Nerdy? Items: 15

So I guess I'm officially nerdy. Without the question mark.

2 comments:

Abby-Wan Kenobi said...

Add something to you off-Amazon list of things that make you (and me) "Nerdy".

Today I knew I was going to be working on this really dirty machine, so I wanted to wear a grubby t-shirt instead of my standard cute-but-not-fancy top to work. I grabbed my Jeff Bebe Band tee since the print is wearing off and it already has some greasy late night pizza stains.

I've had no less than 4 people ask me about the shirt, and when I explain the whole "we made these fake rock band t-shirts" concept I know how nerdy it sounds. Luckily I work with other uber-nerds and everyone thinks that it is awesome.

Point being we should make some new fakebandica merchandise. As Yogurt said, 'Merchandising! Merchandising! Merchandising! Where the real money from the movie is made.'

miranda. said...

I miss my Jeff Bebe shirt. I lost it years ago. :(

Speaking of fake bands and awesome t-shirts, I just bought this awesome shirt:

http://www.glarkware.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=0&idproduct=2278

Yeah!